The retail sector in India is emerging as one of the largest sectors of the economy. The Indian Retail Industry, the largest among all the industries, has come forth as one of the most dynamic and fast paced industries with several players entering the market. Retail supply chain has to be monitored very closely and has to be free from defects as the products are always on the move and the cycle time is very low. Further the continuous movement of materials across the supply chain is crucial to the success of any organisation in the retail industry. Hence retail management is very crucial to any organisation in the retail industry and has to be monitored closely and maintained properly.
Challenges in Retail and Consumer Supply Chain:
- Management of multiple and geographically diverse supply flows
- Handling of very large goods volumes
- Reliable logistics for multi-channel distribution
- Supply chain cost optimization
- A more responsible supply chain
- Diverse product portfolio & packaging management